- News & Events
- Careers & Training
|Return to List|
Ms. Nina FazioDepartment: Administration
Phone: (800) 276-1180 Extension 702
Whether by design or serendipity, 40+ years of corporate experience across multiple disciplines in high-tech industries made for an ideal post-retirement segue directly into a freelance copyediting practice for all-things-innovation.
Something of a “white collar gypsy,” Nina began her high-tech career in the exploding computer industry in the 1980s; then on to broadband/cable in the 90s followed by the wireless telecom industry at Motorola, Inc. from which she retired after 14 years. It took 22 residential moves to keep up with that circuitous career path, and one more to live in paradise to convert a writing avocation into a freelance copyediting career. A writer at heart and a project manager by nature, Nina has left behind some evidence of her work:
- Co-authored the chapter on innovation culture in McGraw-Hill’s Global Innovation Science Handbook.* She is a member of the International Association of Innovation Professionals (IAOIP) and the copyeditor of the International Journal of Innovation Science (IJIS) and IAOIP certification study guides and exams.
- These projects have led to a rich worldwide network for her freelance copyediting venture – especially ESL authors – as well as a book project for Amit Kumar, author of the acclaimed Short Stories from the Stock Market: Uncovering Common Themes Behind Falling Stocks to Find Uncommon Short Ideas.
- Team coordinator for 1 Million Cups-Columbia, MO.
- Built and facilitated international network of Innovation Champions as Innovation Project Manager for Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Facilitated technical communities of practice for product engineering optimization
- Invented and managed the Virtual Engineering Symposium serving ~21 global engineering sites and ~7,500 engineers
- Co-authored Agile Playbook and blended Agile Project Management practices with traditional waterfall models for software development organization
- Created durable business processes for customer documentation, estimation, process asset library, program quality review board and orthogonal defect classification (ODC) implementations
- Green-field start-up of a 100K sq. ft. maquiladora in Cd. Juarez, Mexico (in the team role of New Product Introduction Manager)
- SPC-data driven start-up of new product technology at contract manufacturer in southern China.
- Built, debugged and transferred automated assembly and test process technology from Japan to Mexico
- Transferred three major high volume product lines and process technology into the Mexico facility (142 products with annual revenues exceeding $150M)
- Developed safety manuals and ISO9000 procedures for a Fortune 500 company
- Co-authored Manufacturing Plan and Strategy for a Fortune 500 company